If you're looking to transform your bathroom on a budget, one of the easiest ways to make a big impact is to paint your vanity. Often the focal point of the space, vanities present a great opportunity to add a splash of color or make outdated or builder grade cabinets feel fresh and modern. Painting your bathroom vanity is easier than you think, and the entire project can often be completed over the course of a weekend.
To help you begin planning your bathroom makeover, we've rounded up some of our favorite projects completed by members of the Jolie Community. The projects below include a range of different colors, finishes, and styles, plus a few before and afters, to get your creative wheels turning. For complete step-by-step instructions on transforming your bathroom vanity, or any cabinets in your home, we recommend checking out the Jolie Cabinet Guide.
Photo via Our Mountain Life
Photo via Havenwood Farm Co.
2. If your style is more farmhouse or traditional, consider using light distressing and colored finishing waxes to give your cabinets a well-worn feel. Jolie Retailer Havenwood Farm Co. turned this vintage dresser into the vanity of her dreams using a combination of paint and image transfers. The mirror and vanity doors are painted Farmhouse Beige, while the outer panels are a mix of Classic Navy and Legacy.
Photos via Audrey's
3. Switching out hardware and applying a smooth, modern finish is a great way to make basic wood cabinets feel more high end. Jolie Retailer Audrey's used Jolie Paint in Noir and Low-Luster Varnish to create this stylish look. Check out our Smooth Finish Tutorial for tips on achieving a brushstroke free finish.
Photos via House of Strasner
4. When Michelle of House of Strasner began her One Room Challenge transformation of her master bathroom, she turned to Jolie Paint in French Blue to update her existing vanities. The powder blue paint perfectly ties together all of the romantic elements of the space.
And don't forget about your light fixtures! Lighten up oil rubbed bronze fixtures or calm down the brightness of your vintage polished brass with a couple coats of paint. Michelle transformed this old chandelier using Rose Quartz and a bit of Gilding Wax.
Photo via Piper Creek Farmhouse
Photo via Brittany's Home Sweet Home
Photo via Caro the Reno
7. Make a bold statement by painting your vanity to match your tile backsplash! Select the perfect shade from the Jolie Color Range, or mix up a custom shade from the Jolie Color Mixing Guide. This space was transformed by Caro The Reno using French Blue.
Did you know that you may also be able to paint your tile floors or walls? Check out our guide to painting tile for more info.
Photo via Home With Krissy
Photo via Carolina Cottage Furniture
Photo via New Vintage Bundaberg
10. If you're lucky enough to have a vintage vanity with wood details, then you may want to consider a two-toned look. Jolie Retailer New Vintage Bundaberg brightened up this vintage piece using Jolie Paint in Zen while leaving the drawers and counter in their original wood finish to maintain its farmhouse charm.
Photo via Natalie of My Little Secrets
11. Another one of our go-to colors for bathroom vanities is Eucalyptus. This soft, muted green has grey undertones and layers beautifully with other neutrals to create the perfect spa-like atmosphere. Here, Natalie used the color to refresh her simple, builder-grade cabinets.
Photo via Paint Me White
Planning a bathroom update of your own? Share photos of your progress with us by tagging #JolieByMe on Instagram or Facebook for a chance to be featured on our site and social channels.